Dominick Prince went through hell to make his dreams come true. He finally has a book deal, time and money to write whatever he wants, and a marriage to his college crush with a child on the way. But instead of working on his next book, Dominick spends his days as a mindless office drone at the university cancer center while his wife chases bail jumpers. When an old friend reappears to call in a favor, Dominick sees an opportunity for a little excitement.
Dominick will use his access at the hospital to help his friend steal the last remaining piece of her murdered lover: a sperm sample left during prostate cancer treatment. Torn between his wife’s wrath and the debt he owes his friend…READ MORE
Order RIOT LOAD from your favorite retailer:
NEW SHORT STORIES FROM BRYON
From the Blog
- Some Thoughts on My Current Book - My current book is this weird hybrid of domestic suspense and noir revenge thriller that I envision as part A STRANGER IN MY GRAVE and part IN A LONELY PLACE (book not movie), but I can never settle in my mind if it’s worth writing. Over the last two years, I’ve cut it from seven […]
- Thoughts in the Time of a Pandemic - I originally wrote something on Twitter about preferring journaling to blogging and the second I posted it, I knew it wasn’t true and I deleted it. Because the truth is I love writing here. I do enjoying journaling more than I ever thought I would and it has it’s place for helping me work through […]
- First Weekday of Quarantine with Three Kids at Home - Our schoolwork consisted of a two hour nature walk and a lot of questions to Siri. I cleaned the house, grilled hot dogs for lunch and pork chops for dinner, changed the litter boxes, and wrote 1040 words. Now I’m going to read until I fall asleep.
- Sugar Cane Paper Legal Pads! - The nerds among you will remember I’ve been looking to return to legal pads for novel work, but most legal pad paper is garbage for fountain pens. I like fountain pens because their design and size is much better on my wrists for longer writing than other pens. I’ve heard good things about sugar cane […]
- I Sold a Short Story to MWA - Very excited that my short story “Howard’s Heart” has been selected to appear in the next Mystery Writers of America anthology A Stranger Comes to Town. This is *very* exciting for me because I have always wanted to be in one of the MWA anthologies. I think they’re the premiere anthology of crime fiction every […]