- Agents: Career Magicians or the Devil’s Right Hand (Hey There’s A Dead Guy)
- Nerd Noir: Writing About Sissies and Dorks in Crime Fiction (The Word Nerds)
- Adjusting to Expectations After Publishing Your First Novel (Mystery Writing Is Murder)
- The Story Behind the Story: Murder Boy (The Rap Sheet)
- Schmucks with Underwoods: Why Writers Make the Best Book Characters (Criminal Element)
- The Big Idea: When Dreams Come True Too Early (John Scalzi’s Whatever)
I also post short essays and blog posts and other nonsense on this site as the mood strikes and you can find that stuff here.