I did it. I finished the play last night. It’s 92 pages of pure theatrical brilliance. Or something like that. All-in-all it’s actually a bit of a let down. I did a final word count and it came out to less than 12k words, that’s barely a long story. And then when I printed the stack of pages out like I always do, it didn’t nearly compare to the pile for a novel. But still, it’s something I hadn’t done writing-wise and I’m glad I did it. I may even do it again sometime.
Now I’ve got to let it sit and either ferment or spoil, and it’s back to keeping Dave’s novel ego in check. Granted, I’m starting a bit further back than I did last time, but there’s quite a bit of the play that I can work into the novel as a subplot so all shall be right with the world shortly.