Popping up from my revision hole to talk about a couple things that happened recently. I got a job and I saw Superman Returns. Let’s talk about the most important one first.
The best thing they did with this movie was keep the original Superman theme. I’m amazed at the absolute lack of original and interesting superhero themes recently. I think the last great on was probably Batman in 1989. Or maybe Darkman. Anyway, the music gave me a lump in my throat. I like my superheroes as dark as the next guy, but I’m glad they didn;t screw around with Supe’s innocence and such. Overall the flick seemed to live in the same universe as the first two original movies. Good stuff. Gotta love Kate Beckinsale as Lois, yowza.
Now, the job. I’ve been offered a position with a large cable/internet company as a tech support guy. Great money, excellent benefits (including free premium cable and high speed internet access), and a move back to Ann Arbor. Pretty much everything I could ask for in a job. It starts as a 90-day temp gig through Kelly Services but then I’ll be hired on permanently provided I don’t screw up.
But I know what you really came here for: gratuitious memeing (does anyone know how the hell to really pronounce this word?)
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Does Customs count?
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
No, but I won’t put up my hands. I also don’t scream on roller coasters. I clench my teeth.
3. When was the last time you’ve been sledding?
I always end up going at least once every year. I’ve also found myself sledding without my clothes more times than I like to admit.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
I’d rather sleep with someone but I sleep better alone.
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes. Sort of.
6. Do you consider yourself creative?
The question is, do other people consider me creative?
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
Jennifer Aniston. The only I ever liked Jolie in was Tomb Raider.
9. Do you stay friends with your ex’s?
Yeah. Despite advice to the contrary.
10. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes. Lots and lots of variations too.
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
Now I think I should try.
12. What’s your favorite commercial?
Anything with that damn Gecko.
13. What are you allergic to?
14. If you’re driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?
Yes. Especially in Detroit, I think it’s actually recommended.
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Detroit Tigers. They’re kicking ass right now.
17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Yes. It’s exhausting but I like holding hands.
18. How often do you remember your dreams?
More often lately.
19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
I don’t think I ever have. I know I frequently break out laughing while crying.
20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
Now? Should I list them?
21. What’s the one thing on your mind now?
Sex. Come one. Should I lie?
22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass Barbie is?
23. Do you always wear your seat belt?
24. What cell service do you use?
25. Do you like Sushi?
It tastes like bait.
26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
27. What do you wear to bed?
Boxers. Can’t stand shirst or socks in bed.
28. Been caught stealing?
29. What shoe size do you have?
9.5-10 depends on the shoe.
30. Do you truly hate anyone?
No one real.
31. Classic Rock or Rap?
Both, with limits.
32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
33. Favorite Song?
Your Song by Elton John sung by Ewan McGregor in Mulan Rouge.
34. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror?
Mine. Other people’s. Public restrooms. Yeah.
35. What food do you find disgusting?
36. Do you sing in the shower?
37. Did you ever play, I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours?
Yes. But in a way you’d NEVER suspect of me.
38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
No way. I like to do it to their face.
39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
40. Have you ever been punched in the face?
Yes, once by a hockey puck and once by a swimming pool.